Saturday, November 22, 2008

the unfamiliar's contamination

There I was, on this fine Saturday evening, watching a little prime-time television in the family room. FAMILY room.
We were waiting for the Texas Tech-Oklahoma ballgame to come on, so my father decided to skim through the local channels in the meantime.
Hey! There's a good show on....it's the lighting of the tree downtown.
SO....as we turn on this channel, we see this choir of men signing Christmas songs. Hmmm they're not bad, not bad at all. Their harmonious voiced blended together as they sang this song *clears throat* with my name in it :). I've never heard the song before, but all I could hear was my name about every other world...."Holly this Holly that". lol. It was somewhat enjoyable....for about 5 seconds. As this story goes......
Then all of a sudden, the name of the choir shows up at the bottom of the screen......

"The ________(name of city undisclosed lol) Gay Mens Choir"

My jaw dropped.....ummmmm.......ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Good grief. I could not believe this. I mean, I know the homosexual move is growing in this rebellious country of ours, but at a "FAMILY" gathering. COME ON!!!
I saw lots of families out in that crowd, with their children out there....and I was wondering what in the world they were thinking......

I can see it now:

"That beautiful rendition of 'O Holy Night', was brought to you by the Gay Mens Choir. Give them a hand people!"

Then naive 6 year old Johnny tugs at his mother's coat, "Mommy, whats gay mean?".

All I can say is, I am appalled by the immorally corrupt society we live in today. It is wicked, and depraved. And also, more than ever, the majority of people out there are endorsing this kind of disgusting lifestyle. The next generation is being brought up in a culture that fails to recognize their Creator, and furthermore goes out of their way to actually defile Him by proudly flaunting their repulsive ways. I refuse to associate myself with this civilization. I am one of the "outlandish" ....one who is considered weird and eccentrically odd.

So be it!

-Holly

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly~

That is just awful!! Our nation certainly needs lot's of prayer!!

~Elizabeth

priscilla joy said...

hi holly!

that is really bad. i am grateful though for the amount of Christianity that is still grounded in America. But you see more and more people departing from it.

blessings,
priscilla

p.s. like your new profile pic!:)

Brantley Harris said...

No, you're not weird. The Bible calls sodomy a capitol crime.

Joyce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyce said...

There was a southern gospel song several years back entitled "Getting Use to the Dark".
I think that is what's going on in the world today. Little by little this world is being conditioned to "accept" sin. Over the last 10 years we've seen and heard so much that we're not shocked anymore. That's conditioning..... next comes acceptance, or to be politically correct "tolerance." Nothing is sacred anymore, there are no longer boundaries, anything goes.
Come QUICKLY Lord Jesus!!

Jeremy said...

That's disgusting.

Oklahoma tore Tech apart! Yay! Can't wait for the Alabama/Florida game!

Kade said...

Wow! That's bad! OK killed though! :)

-Kole

Christie said...

Hi Holly,
I just read your post..you wrote that really well and, although it is a sad statement of the times we live in, I did have to laugh at the "holly this, holly that". I read it to Corey and he said, "I think I've played at that tree lighting with that choir before." So it could be worse, you could have actually HAD to have been there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly!

You maybe remember me; I am one of the girls who used to go to Harvest before I moved to CO in March (or Febuary, I don't remember ;). I found your blog through Jordan's and thought that it'd be nice to stop by and say 'hello'. :)

That is ridiculous! What is this country coming to? But (lol) I loved how you handled it ;)

Katy S.

priscilla joy said...

Hi Holly! Glad you liked the picture, that's neat you play the violin. My sister wants to learn that. Hope to see you posting again soon!