On this very day one year ago, is when I started this blog- Feb.15, 2008. I have written over 100 posts...not bad for one year I guess. I originally wanted a blog because a friend of mine (I wonder who that could be??) had one. And also, because I thought it would be a good way to keep in touch with friends and family. Since I couldn't think of a name for my URL, I copied someone's *cough*Jeremy*cough* idea and named my blog "tismeholly". Lol. Well, I hope he didn't mind :). It's hard to believe that was one year ago! Honestly, I just don't know how.
I was a little depressed a minute ago, after reading a book that a friend gave me for Valentines. In it, were lots of little poems about "love". It was just a little sad to me because every one of those poems, while some nicely written, all referred to a passing love. A person's love for another, even when decked out so eloquently with words of sweetness, and brought forth with acts of kindness, is still altogether such a very limited love. In my own life, there are special people whom I love as much as I am capable of....but even then, the greatest amount of love I can offer is still a feeble love. This sad world only thinks she knows what love really is. She blindly sees "love" predominately as an emotional high. So when True Love decided to come down to save the world from wickedness, she did not recognize Him. The world instead, slew Love. He died, but did not perish- for one cannot kill this Everlasting Love. His forgiveness waits with open arms, ready to receive the world which shoved Him away so cruelly- and is why He did die, so that none may perish. Is there a greater love than this, the love of God?
12 comments:
CONGRATS! Holly! I am coming up on three years in March! hard to believe!
I have been pondering God's love lately and it is so wonderful! I cannot express my gratitude for the love He gave when He sent Christ to save us!
Nothing is better than His love and I am so blessed that I have it!
Love ya girly!
Amanda
The Daily Planet
For God "so" loved the world....
Such a little word, such an enormous meaning. How much is "so"? It's indescribable.
Congrats on the 1 yr. mark!! I've enjoyed visiting with you here.
Love you lots,
Aunt Joyce
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
I'm glad you decided to STEAL my url address! :)
I don't think those are lilies...
Anybody know?
Not Buttercups...
Not Tulips...
What??
What are they???????????????????
MOM!
Every time I think about Gods love, the Ultimate Love, I leave my thoughts thinking WOW. I still can't wrap my mind arround the thought that God would love me, a wretched sinner, enough to send his one and only Son, to die for MY sins. Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!
It's our 1# year too!
Congratulations Sis! I have so enjoyed your writing. Please it up! :)
Love you,
Brooke.
Post a Comment